All managers should have a good level of understanding of the HR skills needed for managing the employee journey and ensuring employee engagement. This course aims to equip managers with essential HR knowledge and skills.
Who should attend the workshop
- Managers, team leads and staff in a supervisory role, clinical and non-clinical.
At the end of the workshop, managers will have a solid understanding of:
- Recruitment – the whole process from attraction, advertising, interviewing, onboarding, induction, probation and retention. Including inclusivity and diversity
- Managing poor performers – including disciplinary and capability
- Managing sickness absence
- Engagement and talent management for a more productive workforce
- Learning and development – how crucial it is for your workforce and organisation’s future
This 1-day workshop will be a balance of tutor input, group work and discussion.
The format will be informal and participative – everyone has an important contribution to make to the discussions.
This workshop can be run in-house. Please email [email protected] and we will be pleased to chat to you.
If working online, all participants will need access to a laptop or PC. Zoom joining instructions will be sent as part of the meeting invitations unless the organisation prefers to use its own video conferencing facility.
Pitched perfectly, trainer was adaptable and sharing as a group was really helpful. (December 2023)
Really appreciated the way the session was ran - could tell the trainer knew a lot about the topic and was able to share a lot of experiences of things she learnt along the way. Gave me a lot of insight on ways I can better support my team especially regarding managing absence and increasing motivation for the team. (December 2023)
I found this session informative and helpful. I learned a huge amount and will come away feeling more confident in my role as a manager. (November 2023)
The course was brilliantly presented and helped me in my role - I know what I need to do and now have the tools to help me - thank you so much (May 2023)
I really enjoyed the course and interacting with the other participants (May 2023)