This two–day workshop is aimed at anyone who has recently taken up their first management position. It provides a blend of theory and practice, explores the transition into a management role, addresses the shift in relationships for people who have been promoted from within their own teams and creates an opportunity to share experiences, ideas and approaches with others in a similar position.
This course aims to provide new managers with a comprehensive introduction to management, developing and building skills and increasing the confidence of participants.
Who should attend the workshop
- Managers, team leads and staff in a supervisory role, whether clinical or non-clinical.
By the end of the two days participants will have:
- Increased their understanding of the transition into management
- Increased their understanding of their role and responsibilities as a manager
- Increased their self–awareness
- Explored different styles of management and be aware of their own approach
- Understood the importance of performance management and their role in it
- Identified the management skills needed to carry out their role effectively and had the opportunity to practice some of these skills
- Appraised their existing management skills and have a plan for their ongoing development
- Considered ways that the learning can be applied back at work
A variety of training methods are used including direct input from the trainer, structured activities in large and small groups and purposeful discussion. Zoom joining instructions will be sent as part of the meeting invitations unless the organisation prefers to use its own video conferencing facility.
This workshop can also be run in-house. Please email [email protected] and we will be pleased to chat to you.
I like the different examples of models that I can then apply in my working environment.(November 2023)
I loved how interactive it was. Meeting new people and being able to gain ideas from them. (September 2023)
I found the trainer herself very engaging, she was happy to repeat anything not understood but give clear objectives for each task. I found the training most useful and the breakout room tasks very helpful. (September 2023)
This was the first zoom course I have ever participated in and I was surprised how simple and easy it was to navigate. The information about the stress drivers was very interesting (June 2023)
It was very beneficial being able to do the course with people in similar situations so we could relate and share experiences. I have learnt new skills that I can use in my new role as manager. And overall feel I am better equipped at going into my managerial role.