Ever replayed that conversation and wished you had handled it better? This workshop will look at practical techniques to help you achieve successful and positive outcomes with those difficult people and/or situations. Techniques learned are immediately applicable to your workplace.
This course shows participants how to achieve the win-win situation with their most challenging patients.
Who should attend the workshop
By the end of the workshop participants will:
- Understand why people may be difficult
- Be able to recognise and diffuse a situation before it starts
- Know how to choose when to be assertive
- Have more confidence when dealing with difficult people
- Have discussed situations you may face and how to deal with them in the future
- Have practised behaviours language to be used
- Know when to deal with the situation yourself
- Know when to pass the difficult situation on
The format will be informal and participative – everyone has an important contribution to make to the discussions.
A typical workshop will cover:
- Management theory and research input from the trainer
- Learning from our shared experiences
- Small group work to discuss and share ideas
This workshop can be run in-house. Please email [email protected] and we will be pleased to chat to you.
If working online, all participants will need access to a laptop or PC. Zoom joining instructions will be sent as part of the meeting invitations unless the organisation prefers to use its own video conferencing facility.
It is always good to have a refresher course regarding interaction with patients as there are always new guidelines/changes in the way surgeries are run or what they offer. It is important to relook at how we can provide the services that will benefit the patients. I really enjoyed the session and gained a lot from it. Thank you. (November 2023)
This webinar was totally not what I was expecting! I thought we would be looking at didact ways of how to handle patients, instead we looked at why patients behave badly and emotional intelligence. It was a great session which I really enjoyed and gained a lot from. Thank you. (September 2023)
I feel more confident dealing with difficult conversations (May 2023)
The trainer was brilliant! (June 2023)