This workshop will empower you with a solid understanding and practical application of three fundamental aspects of leadership: personal, team, and task leadership. Through interactive sessions, you will learn to enhance your self-awareness, develop positive leadership approaches, and implement effective strategies to inspire and lead your team while continuously improving task management. Our focus on soliciting feedback, lifelong learning, inclusivity, and problem-solving will guide you towards becoming an exemplary leader who can adeptly navigate the complex landscape of healthcare.
This workshop is particularly suited to participants who want to enhance or develop their leadership skills. It will suit people that are relatively new to leadership or are in need of a fresh perspective for their leadership role.
Who should attend the workshop
- Any healthcare staff wishing to develop their leadership skills.
At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Clearly define the core requirements of personal, team and task leadership
- Increase their self-awareness and develop a positive approach to leadership
- Utilise clear methods of getting the best out of their team and those around them
- Implement working practices that will assist them in becoming a great leader
The course covers the following topics:-
- Be True to Your Strengths – A self review of personal attributes and their current effectiveness and personal actions to develop.
- Solicit Feedback – Understanding working relationships and reviewing which interactions are working and those that are not.
- Ask Good Questions and Listen to the Responses – Challenging the participants to take positive measures to become truly self-aware.
- Commit to Lifelong Learning – Identifying valuable methods of learning and development.
- Be Positive – Developing a fundamental belief that you can change and improve things.
- Develop a Vision – Using a clear process for developing goals and aims that are directly related to the vision of the organisation and making them live for the team.
- Lead by Example – Realising that they must set an example to the team and effectively demonstrate they have a strong work ethic.
- Be Inclusive – Taking a questionnaire to establish their current approach to inclusiveness. Developing a sensible approach to transformational leadership and valuing the input of the team.
- Manage Negativity – Exploring the impact of negativity and establishing methods of overcoming it.
- Delegation – Distributing relevant work tasks in such a way that it is seen as motivational and effective. Following a clear and simple process.
- Continuous Improvement – Identifying new opportunities. Regularly reviewing business processes and methods in the drive for improvement.
- Problem Solving – Coping with problems as they arise and using a simple method to explore innovative ideas and come to a reasoned solution.
This one-day workshop will be a balance of tutor input, group work and discussion